Tuesday 8 January 2013

How I Spent My NYE

A.K.A. The post I was working on isn't ready yet, so I'm going to tell you a story instead.

Something magical happened this past New Year's Eve: Damian and I went on a date. (This almost never happens. Like ever.) My mom was awesome and babysat for us so we could go snowboarding. Nothing terribly interesting happened-- I didn't even fall...that hard. Ate some snow-spray but I did pretty well! But this my friends is not where my story begins.

Fast forward to about 6 PM and we're getting ready to leave. We make it to the car, switch over our boots and shove everything in the trunk and close the lid-- "You have the keys, right?"

Damian didn't have the keys. I didn't have the keys. They were in the trunk. Doh.

This seems to be a recurring problem for me, this locking-my-keys-in-my-car-and-making-it-awkward... Thing. At least this time we didn't have to call the fire department (Avery got locked in at the zoo)... and I wasn't in labor like the time before that.

We ended up knocking on some doors at COP (Canada Olympic Park - ski facility here in Calgary) and First Aid lent us a hanger and a flathead screwdriver. My poor car. We scratched up the paint around the window seal on the driver's side door quite a bit while we tried to coax the hanger into the cab. After a ton of fiddling, cursing and some good ol' fashioned brute force, we managed to angle the coat hanger end towards the Trunk Release button and got the trunk open after about an hour.

Winning!

Lesson learned: never, under any circumstance. Put the key down in the trunk.

So with a little determination, and an extreme motivation to go to Moxies for a delicious white chocolate brownie, you too can do anything you put your mind to. Truth.

Tell me I'm not alone Internet.
What was your most awkward experience with locking your keys in the car?

Cheers,
-Jen



No comments:

Post a Comment