Thursday 3 January 2013

New Year's Resolution #3: Meal Plans

There once was a time, long, long ago, when the space in my head was somewhat organized. I actually had the faculties to keep track of my money, and make grocery lists and actually buy groceries for more than two or three days of food at a time. We didn't eat out as much, and I used my slow cooker often, and life was grand - somehow I've let this brain-organization slip away from me, so this year I resolve to get back into meal planning.

I long to have a beautifully stocked freezer full of pre-portioned veggies and other ingredients. I have the room, I just haven't been using it and that makes me sad. This is largely due to the part I mentioned before about keeping track of my money - I've stopped that too, but that's a resolution for another day.

I've come across several things I think are helpful and wonderful and make me giddy inside (it's exciting, don't judge me), most of which can be found on... wait for it....................Pinterest. Have I mentioned how much I love it? Oh, I have? Well good.

I didn't make this - Robin @ RobbyGurl's Creations did...
you can even buy everything you need to make your own on her blog... 
This wonderful creation is what I aspire to have hanging on my kitchen wall some day, in the very near future. It's glorious. Even if I don't have exactly this menu board, I'm perfectly okay with concocting my own version. I've got the whiteboard already, and the rings, and the magnet strips, and a tonne of index cards. I will make this happen... it would be a hundred times easier if my printer worked though. Foiled again. Next time Gadget... next time.

So tell me, Internet:
What is your favorite recipe?
Do you meal plan, or just go day by day?

Still going...
- Jen

3 comments:

  1. I've seen this before! I love it! It totally feeds into my huge, organizational nerd self. You've seen some of my Home Management Binder posts! (BTW, let me know if you want any of the files. I'm more than happy to share!)

    If you make one, you definitely have to share photos.

    Last year I was pretty much day by day planner. A goal this year is to meal plan for a month at a time though! GL to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would LOVE to do once a month cooking. I have so many websites I've found with recipes and tips... definitely something I want to make a regular thing.

      And it would be awesome if you could share your files with me. :D It's so much work putting everything together and you've done a fantastic job.

      Delete
    2. Sure, just let me know if you want them all or make a list of the ones you do want. :) My email is my TB username at gmail.com

      Delete