Sunday 6 January 2013

Super-easy-and-extremely-addictive Layered Tex-mex Dip

Hello. My name is Jen and I'm a Mexican-foodaholic. I've literally made this dip at least 5 times since November, and I'm sharing it with all of you so that I have someone to go to meetings with. It's super easy and fast to make and is so delicious that I think I've caught myself dreaming about it... It's seriously a problem. At least it's cheaper to make than Taco Bell.




What You'll Need:
1 can refried beans
1 packet taco seasoning
sour cream
salsa
(not pictured) shredded cheese, cheddar
tortilla chips (for dipping)

Optional:
diced tomatos
diced bell peppers

 Now are you ready for this? You'll laugh at the simplicity.
  1. In a small-medium sized bowl, mix together the refried beans and taco seasoning.
  2. Scoop the bean-seasoning mixture into a shallow casserole dish, and spread evenly on the bottom.
  3. Layer sour cream on top.
  4. And salsa on top of that.
  5. Top with (optional diced veggies) and shredded cheese.
Done. You can throw it in the fridge for a couple hours or consume immediately - it really doesn't matter if you keep your salsa in the fridge in the first place. It's so good that even Phoenix, who won't go near anything with the slightest spice in it, devours it, medium salsa and all.

Your turn Internet:
What's your favorite snack food (that you probably eat way too often)?
Can I have the recipe?
 
Omnomnom...
- Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment