Wednesday 2 January 2013

New Year's Resolution #2: Make better friends(hips)

I'm back for round 2! So far so good! I may continue the entire week out for a series of New Year's Resolutions.

Today, I resolve to make better friends(hips). This sounds a little wrong, and I'm not trying to imply that any friends I currently have totally suck, but to expand on this idea I'd also like to strengthen the existing relationships I have. I was originally going to label this resolution "Make more friends." but it's probably better to go for quality over quantity, as hubby so kindly pointed out to me.

I actually received an email from meetup.com that was filled with "Unresolutions", and I thought it was rather clever!

"Friend" more people - CHECK OUT SOCIALIZING MEETUPS - meetup.com

Could this be the answer to my problems?! Maybe. Something I am severely lacking in my social life is a good set of girlfriends. Friendships with guys are super easy for me, and I have tons and tons of guy friends, but I dare say I'm reaching a point in my life where I'm outgrowing the need to "hang out with the guys". Girls are considerably harder! You would think it would be easy, given that I'm a girl (shocked? Me too) but I really think even understanding myself is too hard some days... but girls need girlfriends or "girl buddies" as I like to call them.

As much as I love Damian, I try not to inflict too many chick flicks on him in a month, and he's much too biased to ask for advice on wardrobe or make-up or hair, or anything even remotely feminine. I may need to find a girls only type of meetup; something that doesn't involve going out for drinks hopefully, since I find any friendships I've started while out drinking, or in that sort of establishment, have been based on that one thing in common - alcohol! That's a horrible place to start a friendship.

How about you, internet?
Where do you go to make new friends? 
Have you ever tried a "meetup" to meet new people? How did it go?

Still going...
- Jen


New Year's Resolutions: A Series
1. Finishing what I start
2. Make better friends(hips) (You are here)
3. Meal Plans
4. Be Childish

No comments:

Post a Comment